The launch of new temperature sensitive biologics, increasing regulations, growing cost- pressures are putting more complex demands on the biopharma industry’s high-stakes logistics environment.
This growth can be witnessed in part due to the combined increase in adoption of cold-chain products in both developed and developing markets and the continued development of new drugs. The current outlook is for continued expansion through 2019, at an average growth rate of about 6% per annum, with Asia representing a fast expanding region.
For this reason and more, over the last several years, the biopharmaceutical industry worldwide has intensified its focus on logistics and supply chain management (SCM). However, this is not without setbacks as the industry has been faced with multi-faceted challenges. As the biopharma industry evolves, there are many concerns regarding the security and robustness in transportation, starting from controlling temperature to protecting against abrupt movement while handling biological products and vaccines.
Most biopharma companies are looking at improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their quality efforts by crafting and implementing a comprehensive program that takes the entire supply chain into account, from the materials provided by key vendors to production, packaging, disposition, and distribution.
Biologistics World Asia 2019 promises to tackle all these challenges and introduce new perspectives in today’s fast evolving cold chain environment by bringing together key opinion leaders, rising players and market experts to discuss, debate and brainstorm on the most pertinent issues impacting Supply Chain Management. The conference will focus on supply chain management and logistics for biologics and vaccines. The conference aims to provide insights on key challenges that include:
- Navigating regulatory requirements & good distribution practices (GDP) guidelines in emerging markets.
- Creating supply chain flexibility to cope with an evolving landscape.
- Developing a biologistics strategy with supply chain mapping and qualification.
- Advances & innovation in data logging & monitoring technologies.
- E2E supply chain management in emerging markets.
- Optimizing packaging and transportation in an integrated manner.
- Temperature maintenance strategies across diverse climates or weather variations.
- Minimizing and overcoming delays during product handovers.
- Maximizing data to address all temperature variables such as shock, vibration, humidity and light exposure to protect and preserve your product
- Strategies against security threats, product safety and equipment failures.
- Establishing a cost-effective, patient-centric clinical trial network.
- Incorporation of technology shifts and the rise of smart technologies.
SeerPharma are proud to be sponsoring and exhibiting at this marquee event again, and look forward to assisting delegates on matters of Quality Assurance and GDP compliance as it relates to GMP. We look forward to seeing you in Singapore at this high profile industry event from the 26th – 28th February 2019.
Visit the following link for more details: https://www.imapac.com/business_conference/biologistics-world-asia/